Thursday, April 4, 2019

Trunking a LAG

Hi /r/networking

I'm trying to set up a test environment for a traffic inspection device to replace an existing product.

The way the existing environment is set up is ISP -> Core Router -> inspection -> Core Router -> TOR Switches. We utilize a PBR to force traffic coming from the ISP onto the inspection device, at which point the return traffic flows back to the Core Router and rest of the network normally. The inspection device is connected via a 4x10G LAG. The Core Router is a Brocade MLX-8.

I have the new product sitting behind a TOR on a 2x1G LAG. The Core Router does not have any additional ports available, or else I would have connected them directly. Admittedly I'm not a network engineer, so this is out of my realm. Is it possible to trunk the physical connection to the TOR directly to the Core Router and set up the LAG on the CR, is it possible to trunk the virtual interface created by the LAG directly to the CR? Either way, I would like to set up the PBR on the Core Router to do this traffic forwarding.

Or if I'm going about this completely the wrong way, please let me know! Thanks in advance guys



No comments:

Post a Comment