Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Quality of Cat6 cable from different manufacturers. How do I spot the differences?

Hi there, I’ve been browsing Anixter, CableSupply and other cable distributors to purchase new cable for the office. I know the typical things I should watch out for (CCA conductors, gauge, CMR, CMP, etc).

However, most of the cables I found are the same. The only difference is the price and brand. For example, I found this spool of Cat6 from Tripp Lite listed for $129. On Anixter, I found this spool of Panduit Cat6 for $319.

There’s an obvious price difference but what factors into the cable price being different? Is it the brand of the cable, specs of the cable that I may be missing? Is there anything on the spec sheets that I need to understand when deciding which cable I should buy?



No comments:

Post a Comment