Wednesday, April 10, 2019

66 block in the house we are about to move into

We are in the process of purchasing a home with a lot going on behind the walls. My main question...in my (future) office there is a 66 block that connects to a phone system but also appears to use ethernet cables that feeds into all of the bedrooms and the other larger rooms like the den and the kitchen (they all have keystone jacks). There is an in speaker system that also goes through the entire house, it doesn't appear to be connected to that block. I was wondering if i take down the 66 block and put rj45's at the ends of the lines taken off the block and connect them to a switch which connects to my router would that in theory give me the hardwired internet im looking for. I dont know enough about these 66 block things to know if it's the same type of cable (ethernet-cat5) or if it's a completely different kind of cable all together. Any help would be super helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment