Friday, April 26, 2019

Providing Wifi as a service - Design and configuration understanding

Hello /r/networking people, I really Need your opinion !

while preparing to realize a wifi Multi-tenant platform ( of a service provider), I would like to understand well the configuration and design aspect before getting into all the advanced steps,hope you guys help me to understand this very well.

as you may know guys, managing such service is a nightmare if not well designed, so, as far as I know we can respect the following logic :
each client (restaurant, a shop etc ...) asking for a Wifi as a service, can have multiple APs grouped in the same AP group at the Controller level, those Aps only need the Public IP addresse of the controller to reach it, this controller will identify each AP based on its mac address and AP group to send the appropriate configuration of the client

in my opinion we can use the same DHCP scoop for all the clients ( or make it larger if client count is really high)

WLAN interfaces will  be used to idetify clients locally (controller side) and include the AP group and SSID dedicated for that client

We cisco platforms so the controller used in this solution may be for example 5840

Well, I know all of this may look simplistic for the most of you, just sharing my thoughts and want to be corrected and put in the right path

Sorry for my bad wording

Thanks guys



No comments:

Post a Comment