Friday, April 26, 2019

Can't connect to device on another subnet

I have a device on one subnet / VLAN that is reachable by everything on its own local network, but not by computers on another subnet / VLAN. Even though these computers can reach everything else on the other subnet / VLAN, just not this one thing.

I was able to connect to the problem device and change the default gateway, which was wrong, so I thought that would fix it - but it did not fix the issue. I can't even ping the device from another network (but can from local).

​

Is there something obvious I'm missing? At this point I'm wondering if the gateway changes saved like they should have. This device is pretty simple (and ancient) so it wouldn't have a firewall or IP restrictions or anything, I wouldn't think.

​

Thanks for any insight you might have.



No comments:

Post a Comment