Friday, April 26, 2019

Can't connect to device on another subnet

I have a device on one subnet / VLAN that is reachable by everything on its own local network, but not by computers on another subnet / VLAN. Even though these computers can reach everything else on the other subnet / VLAN, just not this one thing.

I was able to connect to the problem device and change the default gateway, which was wrong, so I thought that would fix it - but it did not fix the issue. I can't even ping the device from another network (but can from local).

Is there something obvious I'm missing? At this point I'm wondering if the gateway changes saved like they should have. This device is pretty simple (and ancient) so it wouldn't have a firewall or IP restrictions or anything, I wouldn't think.

Thanks for any insight you might have.



No comments:

Post a Comment