Friday, April 26, 2019

Implementing QOS for a particular protocol

Hi all,

I'm looking at implementing QOS on a medium sized network comprised of around 10 switches. All switches are Cisco and there are a pair of L3 switches that handle the routing using VRRP.

My plan was hopefuly quite simple, there is just a particular protocol (CIP for industrial network traffic) that i want to give maximum priority to, the rest of the traffic on the network I would just want to be processed using the standard queue.

What is the best way for me to achieve this? It's worth noting that this type of traffic (CIP) could come from any of the switches and from various ports, it's not really feasable for me to try to determine which ports are connected to industrial devices that utilise CIP so i was hoping to configure something globally that would be relevant for any switch port.

Have I missed anything? Am I going about this completely the wrong way? I'd welcome any guidance and advice at all.

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment