Thursday, April 25, 2019

How to measure UDP and HTTP package loss?

My internet isn't working as expected and even though I sent My ISP proof of 50% package loss, they sent me th eanswer theier provider gave them: they say that even though there is a 95% package loss, its because internet routers do not prioritize ICMP packages, thus they timeout and that is why I see 50-95% package loss.

So, i'm no network expert, but I know HTTP is for webpages(guaranteed response), UDP for streaming and games(speed is prioritized over getting al the packges), and UDP for getting information of the network.

Can anyone tell me how can I measure UDP and HTTP package loss??? My speed is good if I measure with speedtest, but sometimes I have to refresh the page a couple of times until it gets working. This seems to me as a problem on packages being lost, but It seems regular pingplotter test are not enough to provide enough evidence to my ISP.

Is there a way to test HTTP and UDP % of packages lost?



No comments:

Post a Comment