Saturday, April 20, 2019

GNS3 not saving appliance configs

I'm asking this question here since this subreddit has a lot more traffic than the GNS3 subreddit and I'm sure many other networking professionals uses GNS3 regularly.

I've attempted to do my due diligence before asking. Not seeing any relevant answered questions pertaining to my issue here, and not seeing anything on general internet searches.

My appliance configs are not saving. What I mean specifically by that is I installed a toolbox appliance from the marketplace. I then spent a lot of time setting up Ansible on this appliance, creating a directory tree and several files for use in an Ansible/Nexus POAP lab.

I saved my project and turned off gns3. The next time I booted it up and loaded my project, the appliances were there, but all my configs were GONE. All my folders, files, and installed programs on this toolbox had vanished.

Is there something I'm missing? I can't find a straight answer to this and it seems like a huge issue. What's the point of building a lab if it is all undone when I turn off the machine? I saw that older versions of gns3 had a snapshot feature, 2.1.12 doesn't seem to have this



No comments:

Post a Comment