Saturday, April 20, 2019

fiber optic ethernet router

Hello everyone I need some advice. A few months from now I will be moving to an area where there is fiber optic 1gbps internet service. From my understanding once you choose the service they send a contractor which installs a terminal box outside your house then also installs a ONT inside the house which then connects to a router. I’ve been trying to figure out online what I can do if I decided to eliminate the crappy router the ISP provides & replace it with XG-7100 DT pfSense router. The thing is that I’m clueless how I can go about connecting the ONT to the SFP port on that router. It seems like the fiber optic cable connected to the ONT uses a SM pigtail connection where as the router that I mentioned uses MM SFP Connection. I’m pretty new to this stuff but I enjoy learning & up for a challenging task. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love the internet & I want to take advantage of the services full potential. Thank you in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment