Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Double wild card domains

I'm having an issue with a double wildcard sub domain. I properly setup a wildcard domain cert for my domain domain.com so now sub1.domain.com , sub2.domain.com , etc. all have SSL. The problem I'm having is if you go to one of the subdomains with a www, like www.sub1.domain.com then you're presented with the page from the browser that there is a potential security issue (Proceed with caution). I managed to do a redirect if the request is HTTP www.sub1.domain.com but the problem is if the request is HTTPS like https://www.sub1.domain.com then the security page will appear. I'm not able to redirect/intercept this call. Any ideas what can be done?

I'm also using Digital Ocean for DNS networking, and NGINX server to serve all requests, Lets Encrypt for the SSL certificate



No comments:

Post a Comment