Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Alcatel L3 switch troubles

I had a program manager throw an omniswitch 6850 on my desk today asking me to configure it for a project today. I didn't think it would be quite the undertaking it has been so far. Maybe it's just me but everything seems so disjointed. The web interface has stuff all over the place. All I want to do is create a few VLANS and a few routes so they can communicate. I created the VLANS but can't seem to associate a subnet with it. I found where I can make my routes, but I keep getting a bfd error when I try to create it. I'm even having troubles getting two devices on the same network to talk. I admit, my networking could be a bit better. But I don't think I'm trying to do anything super complex.

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions, I'd certainly appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment