Thursday, March 14, 2019

Unifi Cloud Controller Question

Okay so I think i may be having a brainfart as I cant get my head round this...

So essentially I am setting up a unifi controller for use with remote clients that cant have it installed on site.

If the client has a firewall on site with say 2 vlans for wireless. Example 10 & 20.

When I adopt the unifi AP remotely onto our controller and setup an SSID for them e.g testwifi and testwifi2 and add the appropriate vlan to each in the controller like so:

testwifi / vlan 10

testwifi2 / vlan 20

How is my controller going to know where to send this traffic? As the firewall my unifi controller is behind has no knowledge of these VLAN's. Does it need these same VLAN's configured here?

Or will it just pass through to the unifi dish and them the firewall/switch at site will understand what to do with this information?

Im sure this is an obvious answer but im tired and just cant get me head round this.

Any help much appreciated



No comments:

Post a Comment