Thursday, March 14, 2019

Can't Find Cisco SG200 and Netgear ProsafeJGS524E IP Addresses

Hi All,

Still new to this :) We have four switches in our environment, but I can't find the IP addresses for the two in the title so I can log in via the browser.

Yesterday, I couldn't find the Netgear IP address, and this morning we had a power outage that caused everything to go power down, and now the IP address we had reserved for the Cisco in our DHCP via Windows Server isn't accessible.

I've ran ARP on the command line, and the Cisco unit still has the reserved IP address and it shows the same IP address in our server DHCP address lease. However, I ran the Advanced IP Scanner, and the IP address reserved for the Cisco is pointing to a Microsoft device.

For the Netgear, I have the MAC address, but I can't find it in our ARP table, DHCP server, nor the Advanced IP Scanner.

Any suggestion on how to find the IP addresses for these units? Also, any thoughts on why the IP addresses are conflicting even though the DHCP server has the MAC address for the Cisco switch on reserve for the specific IP address?

The set up is Arris Surfboard SBG6950AC2 > Netgear Prosafe JGS524e >NetVanta 1550 (Mitel Phones connected) + Dell R320 Server + Cisco SG200 (PCs connected) > Mitel 250 Controller + NetVanta 1531(Mitel Phones and printer connected).

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment