Friday, March 29, 2019

Stand alone access points

I was thinking of building a navigation system for a building. Obviously GPS cannot be a solution for such small distances. I was thinking maybe if I could place some stand alone access points which could be detected by my app to determine the present location of the person and help them get to a specific place maybe downstairs or on the right or left wing of the building. Is there a solution to this? Maybe a set of Bluetooth or other wireless APs which could be detected?

I couldn't manage to find a standalone AP. All links directed me to be using Raspberries but it would be costly to set up dozens of them. A few links on further information or direct links to products is what I'm basically looking for. We are not a huge organization and so cost really does matter. If an AP has a range of 50 meters, I'd need around 40 of them. So please consider the cost it would take.



No comments:

Post a Comment