Saturday, March 30, 2019

Need Help with UniFi and FIOS

So, I just bought a new home and I wanted to start a server room. The first items I purchased were UniFi gateway, 24 port switch and a surge protector.

It took me a while to get the internet working but I did it by copying what I read on Google which was OTS > WAN on gateway > WAN2/LAN2 to FIOS model/router and Gateway LAN1 to port 1 of the 24 UniFi network switch.

Internet works great when connected and I was even able to setup my Google Mesh network. However, I’m noticing hiccups when trying to setup certain things, the voice commands no longer works on my FIOS cable (it says not available) and apps like Amazon video opens perfectly but Netflix hangs (can’t sure if maybe that’s TV suddenly but voice commands on cable don’t work either)

Also while internet is fine, the globe is red on the FIOS modem/router.

Did I connect something wrong? The gateway wouldn’t connect to the intent unless I configured it this way. Oh and yeah I did download the software, update the divided, adopted them and all that stuff via the UniFi software.



No comments:

Post a Comment