Thursday, March 28, 2019

Redistribute summarized route from BGP to EIGRP as specific route...

Hey Guys -- I've got an issue here I'm trying to squash... It might be simple and I'm just missing something...

Tl;Dr: Need to take a summarized route received from BGP peer and redistribute it to an EIGRP as a specific host route....

Example:

Topology

BGP Peer <-> Router A <- EIGRP -> Router B

Router A receives a route from BGP peer for say... 1.1.1.0/24

I only need Router B to know about 1.1.1.5

It looks like if I want to redistribute BGP into EIGRP, I have to take the whole summarized network, I can't extract a specific ip.

Config looks like this:

router eigrp 101

network 10.10.10.5 0.0.0.0

redistribute bgp 12345 metric 10000 100 255 1 1500 route-map Cube-EIGRP-Out

passive-interface default

no passive-interface GigabitEthernetXXX

redistribute eigrp 101 route-map Cube-BGP-Out

Cube-BGP-Out is just a basic route map matching an ACL -- originally the ACL had specific IPs but I wasn't seeing anything on the EIGRP neighbor until I opened the ACL up to the summarized networks seen by BGP... I've tried explicitly advertising the network in EIGRP on router A by network 1.1.1.5 but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

edit: formatting



No comments:

Post a Comment