Thursday, March 21, 2019

Recommendation in an alternative to the old Codian MCUs

Hello everyone,

First of all, please let me know if this is not the correct subreddit for my question and/or point me to a more appropriate direction.

So long-story short, I work for a big company that has been using the good old Codians MCUs (we have around 20 of them: MSE 8510, MCU 5420..) and they were (kinda still are) working flawlessly.

I am in the middle of a corporation war between clients that want a white glove service, network teams, tight budget, new technologies... that is driving me crazy as I am the one that have to act as the middle point between all these people.

We used to run those MCUs in the video-conference bridge where we managed (locally with on-site technicians and remotely with an operator on the bridge) all the meetings around the globe. We could dial from those beast to anywhere and set up the meetings for our clients.

As they are now end-of-life, we migrated to these CMS for a more "self service" form to lower the cost, which is fine for most of the users but not for the VIP members (CEOs.. directors..).

so, my questions are..

- is there any modern product that coud replace those Codian MCUs with all his old features?

- As far as I know, Cisco only provides with the APIs... is there any company that develop any management software for those CMS to use them as a bridge service? for example: dialing to internal or external endpoints, so the client can just walk into the room and start the meeting.

I hope I could explain myself, apologize for the formatting and for my English as I am writing this from my phone and English is not my first language.

Rastrojero.



No comments:

Post a Comment