Saturday, March 16, 2019

QOS / Police - inbound from internet

I have a remote office, which has 100mb fibre internet, with a bunch of vpns back to our various data centres.

The VOIP solution there is an onsite PBX in the style of a 3cx server, with a sip trunk coming in over the internet connection.

During busy periods they can often max out their internet connection which causes voice quality issues.

What is the best way to try an ensure that there is always bandwidth available for voice?

Would I have to police on the internet link on ingress to our router or egress from the router to our Lan?

I was thinking I could use class-map, match VoIP ip addresses in one class and do nothing, and match all in another class and police to 90mb.

Would that solve my issue and should I police on outside interface lan-bound or inside interface lan-bound?



No comments:

Post a Comment