Sunday, March 31, 2019

How to capture all wifi traffic

I am trying to monitor and capture traffic come across A Wi-Fi network( that I own) to do some troubleshooting on some Wifi only non open source IOT devices I have. I am knowledgeable with Wireshark however I am unable to capture any Wi-Fi packets that are not addressed to the capturing Workstation that is on the same Wi-Fi network has the devices in question. From what I understand this is because I am on Windows and Windows does not allow you to activate monitor mode which would enable you to listen for all Wi-Fi packets not just your workstation's is there a free work around that can get around this or will I have to just set up a linux vm on said Workstation? and will that even properly pass the network's traffic through?



No comments:

Post a Comment