Saturday, March 2, 2019

Can anyone tell me what this is doing?

I'm trying to install this application on my laptop, but it tells me to do the following:

  1. Click win+R and enter the command "hdwwiz.exe"
  2. Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list"
  3. Select type of hardware: "Network adapter"
  4. Choose "Microsoft" adapter- "Microsoft loopback adapter"
  5. Wait until install is finished and click
  6. We have installed the adapter, now we need to adjust it a little. To do this, go to "control panel, network and internet, network and sharing center, change adapter settings. There should be connections to the adapter we installed:
  7. Go to he properties of this adapter, right click on the "IPv4" and go to properties

It then tells me to enter a various number of IP addresses in the IPv4 advanced window.

Is this a scam/backdoor of some sort? If not, what does this do? Can anyone help me out?



No comments:

Post a Comment