Thursday, March 7, 2019

Brain fart, I'm stuck over a dumb item

This will probably take the cake for the dumbest question that you have read all day. But I'm just at a blank at the moment.

I'm trying to console into a Cisco SG500 that I lost the PW to so I can't access it via SSH or through GUI.

on the back of the SG500 there isn't your standard console port. It has the serial end of the cable NOT the RJ-45 we're accustomed to seeing.

I have both a serial to USB adapter that I normally use when the RJ-45 jack is on the cisco equiptment side.

But do I have to get a serial cable with RS232 on both ends then have two adapters? Or is there a way I can run the RJ-45 into my laptop and connect to it that way?

I don't know why I'm stuck on this. But I am. Anything helps.



No comments:

Post a Comment