Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Troubleshooting a 10G CenturyLink Wavelength

I need some help for my sanity. Im having alot of difficulty getting a 10G P2P wave up and running from CenturyLink, its going between 2 carrier hotels, so with cross connects on either end, one side being un-manned, etc.,. its taking forever to troubleshoot. The A location is manned by us, the Z is not.

Question is, regardless if my router at the Z end is connected, when I connect my router at the A location, I should see normal RX light levels, correct? Obviously link is down, but I should see something other then -40dBm.

We're using LR optics at both ends, A is a Cisco 6500, Z side is Juniper MX980. Both sides keep reporting -40 dBm on RX, and we're tried rolling the pairs. We're 99% certain the fiber cross connects are good, but we are trying to get CenturyLink to dispatch field tech to confirm that and do a true end-to-end test starting at the A side first.



No comments:

Post a Comment