Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Cisco FTD deployment times

Does anyone here have as much hate as I do towards Cisco FMC/FTD's?

I'm looking to see if anyone has been able to cut down deployment times.

I've talked with a few others in the area that have tested out/have the FTD's and the the general consensus is that deployments in general take a painfully long time.
We are adding configurations to the firewalls almost every day and it won't be slowing down at all over the next 1-2 years.

Right now, our deployments take around 15 minutes (I just had one take 30 minutes). This is already painfully long (especially if the deployment doesn't finish and we have to wait ~55 minutes until the deployment times out).

I would honestly love to get these pulled out of production and move to something that causes less headaches. But, I want to know if anyone on here has come across similiar issues/has a fix.

Here is a basic hardware overview:

(2) Cisco FTD 4140's (Clustered)

(1) Cisco FMC 1000



No comments:

Post a Comment