Thursday, February 21, 2019

Switches for Medium Business

Hello /r/networking,

I have been given full responsibility over the Networking at my place of employment. The current project is to replace old switches with new ones and to get our backbone to 10g.

We had some sales guys give us a quote for 2960x switches. I was informed now that we can get newer switches rather than catalyst ones.

I take a lot of pride in my work, and I like to be as accurate possible. Which leads to self doubt in my decision making since I want to be as optimal as possible (I'm working on that). My question is... I noticed there were new 9000 series Cisco Switches, I narrowed it down to the 9200 due to the swap-able modules and better specs than the 2960x. Am I missing something here? I have a weird feeling that I'm going the wrong direction with the 9200 series due to the sales guy not pushing them.

What are your thoughts on 2960x vs 9000 series CISCO Switches?

Edit: Why down vote?



No comments:

Post a Comment