Thursday, February 21, 2019

Sent packet errors on Cisco switches

Hey all,

Wondering if you can provide some insight on this. I'm trying to understand this for my own education here as I'm the security guy and I'm seeing this behavior logged into my SIEM product. Our network guys seem to think it's not a big deal (though I don't think I agree). I'm seeing logged sent packet error rates of sometimes as high as 90%+. Obviously, you can see why I might be alarmed by this. What would typically cause errors of this nature? At first it seemed like mostly the ports our APs were plugged into but I'm also seeing it on some of the switches in our data center. Any clue what would cause such a high error rate? Also, any clue why it would not seem to cause any issues? I'd have to think we'd see noticeable impact if it was erroring so badly. Should it matter, it's only sent packets not received.

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment