Thursday, February 21, 2019

Struggling to get 1000GBASE-LX to work with SFP+ slots? (NetGate XG-7100)

I'm trying to get a Netgate XG-7100 working with a incoming 1GBASE-LX fiber line.

The media converter I tried from FS.com didn't work, so going to try directly with optics

I have confirmed the line has network connectivity, using a Juniper 740-011614 SFP optic in a Optiview XG tablet.

(I did try with a Intel FTLX1471D3BCVI31 (aka E10GSFPLR - Intel spec sheet) - however, even though it's meant to be dual-rate, it didn't pick up a signal on either the Optiview XG or the Netgate XG-7100. Is there something you need to do special to get this to work?)

Question 1 - The XG-7100 only has a SFP+ port (Intel X553) - are there any SFP+ modules that support only 1GBASE-LX? (

Question 2 - I did buy the PCI riser for the Netgate XG-7100 - which I was hoping to try with a Intel X520-DA2 which I believe supports both SFP and SFP+. However, it seems to be keyed differently to the slot:

https://i.imgur.com/6U8bq3d.jpg

Any ideas what's going on, or what SFP/SFP+ cards could work here?



No comments:

Post a Comment