Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Replacement ASA 5506 and ASDM

Excuse my lack of knowledge in advance, I've mostly been working with SonicWall and Fortigate in the firewall department.

So we've taken over a customer who has an ASA 5506 with OS 9.6(1) and ASDM version 7.6(1). We got the replacement unit which is running OS version 9.8. When I booted the new unit, the ASDM installed on site isn't supported with the newer OS on the ASA.

The issue is the customer doesn't have a valid service contract, so I'm unable to access any downloads on Cisco's website. How would you go about doing this upgrade - any tricks or just get a contract?

The replacement unit doesn't come with an extra power supply, so I have to schedule downtime for the customer in order to swap the unit and can't do any testing in my office. I was able to get most of the services running using the old running-config and CLI, except for the VPN tunnels. We also want the ASDM for long-term management.

EDIT: The old unit was affected by the clock signal bug which means it could die any time. This is why they received a replacement unit.



No comments:

Post a Comment