Saturday, February 23, 2019

Need help to configure switch for a user

I hope this is the correct forum for my question.

Background: CEO wants to have an IP Phone(NEC brand) and Polycom with the same phone number, he is fine either both rang at the same time, which I am not sure how to get support for such function or he can have a toggle to switch either device.

​

I research there is A/B box for physical switch. This probably will do it but I am also interest how to do it in software level.

https://www.amazon.com/CableWholesales-Way-Switch-RJ45-Female/dp/B004Y34VQS

​

Here is my question, what I need to install on his laptop and use what language to program a managed switch. I know how to do with telnet with old fashion vbs with "send key" but I prefer not to use this route.

​

The GUI is a simple toggle, read which port is enabled, and he just need to press one button to switch to another port hence the switch between the Polycom and the IP phone.

​

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment