Saturday, February 23, 2019

Need help to configure switch for a user

I hope this is the correct forum for my question.

Background: CEO wants to have an IP Phone(NEC brand) and Polycom with the same phone number, he is fine either both rang at the same time, which I am not sure how to get support for such function or he can have a toggle to switch either device.

I research there is A/B box for physical switch. This probably will do it but I am also interest how to do it in software level.

https://www.amazon.com/CableWholesales-Way-Switch-RJ45-Female/dp/B004Y34VQS

Here is my question, what I need to install on his laptop and use what language to program a managed switch. I know how to do with telnet with old fashion vbs with "send key" but I prefer not to use this route.

The GUI is a simple toggle, read which port is enabled, and he just need to press one button to switch to another port hence the switch between the Polycom and the IP phone.

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment