Thursday, January 17, 2019

SMB L3 Switch Recommend

May have the task to overhaul another branch office that is actually made up of 4 buildings. Connections between the buildings are wireless P2MP. I'm task with the redesigning of the IP scheme and segmenting the buildings into 4. And house the L3 switch in the main building

I plan to implement vlans for each building, so I'm looking for a suitable L3 switch. So far, I'm bend towards Aruba 2930F, 2530 and Cisco 9300 and 3850s (48G).

Traffic are basically: * IP camera (video and some audio) * SQL database connectivity for multiple POS software. * Main building has 30 users, 15 printers and back machines and 55 cameras. Other 3 sites are primarily cameras with 5 to 6 users. * VNC to remotely access each individual host to close daily batches.

Of those 4 switches, can anyone recommend which is more suited? I've chosen those 4 based on cost and performance. I've worked with Cisco switches, but those Aruba seem to be similar in performance and quality.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment