Thursday, January 17, 2019

Reseting SuperMicro BMC without BIOS access? (VGA failed)

I cannot tell if the motherboard I picked up is toast or not... and this might be the wrong place for this post but I suspect there are some SuperMicro people here...

VGA doesn't work. BMC loads and has a static IP (found through ARP requests) and appears to also have LDAP configured (found also through Wireshark).

Default login of ADMIN.ADMIN did not work; BIOS reset hasn't restored VGA. Jumpers for VGA disable/enable are set to enable. The JPRST jumper for supposedly reseting the BMC does nothing.

I'm at a loss for ideas on how to get this to work. I have even tested continuity on the VGA pins to see if something there broke but it was all clear.

[Edit] X8DTU-F is the model board.



No comments:

Post a Comment