Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Question for the group as I've always hit a snag at least once on a new piece of tech nobody in the org knew, and an SDN question for the group given rise of "cloud" focused infrastructure now dominating job ads.

Would you want to have access to a lab environment you could tinker with at your own pace that was physically near you, so you could have hands on time without risking your job?

I'm doing a survey for such a place and seeing if there's interest in the community given a lot of folks (myself too) have /r/homelab setups, and I know less well off folks that can't afford online setups or homelabs and want to learn when not at work.

If you do decide to take the survey and are not local to /r/nova please check the other comments box on the last question and reply with outside target area for survey, the town or state you're in (or country), or just leave the location checkboxes in 10 blank.

Here's the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QRV2P9W Please keep in mind this is a place to grow on your own outside of work, help others in person or remotely, and general grow the technology focused community outreach for our field (boo competition for my desk!) because we'll eventually hit the timeframe like air traffic is now that half the folks are double the age of the next group coming in, and could cause issues long term for our society/fields.

Seriously thanks, all I love seeing the community here, and the depths commentators go to help others.

I'll also be launching /r/neteng to encourage young and weathered engineers alike to grow the learning lab community in addition to contributing here whenever I can. I just got mod rights to neteng not long ago as it had been left abandoned, so go nuts if you want but i'll be doing a launch purge down the road as I wait for folks to call me back.

Man this redditor won't stop typing!

SDN Q for the group

As a Question for the group separate from the above I was recently asked about types of SDNs used in production by a recruiter (I'm actively seeking immediate employment) and it occured to me has the market exploded past NSX, vswitches, vds, and OS software bridge layers (vmware host to VM, vm to container bridges, inter container), VRF and ACI?



No comments:

Post a Comment