Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Issues With Nighthawk TriMesh Extender

I had issues with my router/modem could not deliver WiFi throughout my house so I bought the Nighthawk. I asked the Best Buy rep which is the best and he recommended that.

So, my router/modem is on the second floor in the Loft which is open (half wall that looks down into the main hallway and kitchen). I placed the Nighthawk in the dining room/family room and right next to the kitchen. That is pretty much the middle of the house and also close enough to the router/modem. The basement had issues getting a WiFi signal and still does. The internet cuts off still down there.

When I move from room to room I feel like my phone is disconnecting from the router/modem and connecting to the Nighthawk because the internet won’t work for a few minutes. The internet is fine on the second floor but the first and basement seems to cutoff. I’m pretty sure I followed the setup constructions correctly. I pressed the WPS on my router modem and the Nighthawk connected. The lights were solid white and didn’t turn orange or red meaning the signal isn’t strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment