Wednesday, January 9, 2019

DHCP or static? What you prefer, and why?

I'm doing reorganization of one of mine buildings and have around 70PC-s/laptops, with some 40 printers, and around 15 switches and servers.

Switches and servers - static IP-s and nothing else.

I'm not sure what would I do with those workstations and printers? Would be better to give them DHCP and reserve their addresses on my Fortigate or better to put all of them static? I'm thinking... It's much easier to manage DHCP network. If I need a device to have fixed IP, I will just reserve it on my fortigate and good to go...

But yet... if I ever need to change Fortigate, I need to re-type all of those DHCP reservations...
or if I decide to go with static addresses... I don't know?

How do guys have it?



No comments:

Post a Comment