Friday, January 25, 2019

How are companies connected to an ISP? Honest Question :(

This is an honest question. At home, we are connected with a wall outlet, where TV, Internet, and telephony get split into different cables. The coaxial cable for the Internet goes into the modem, which we received from the ISP. I guess that is pretty straight forward.

Let's say a company uses a Palo Alto. What type of cable, connector or device is needed to connect the company edge device to the ISP?

I feel really dump and after 4 years of college, it was never explained to me. I feel like this is the only place where I am able to ask such questions and get honest answers. Hopefully, you can help me because at the moment I feel really insecure and I need to know this before I land a job in this business. Thanks in advance <3

Edit: I am thankful for everyone (private) messaging me! I got some further research to do now but this helped me a ton <3



No comments:

Post a Comment