Saturday, December 29, 2018

Ultimate Video editing NAS setup with offsite and cloud back up.

For the love of god can someone help me with this...

- Video Editing

- 2 studios - 200 miles apart

- 80TB Data

- Need a hard working copy in each + cloud storage

In the studio we have a 80TB QNAP TVS-1282 RAID SERVER which works great (850mbs) and currently it backs up via the internet to another 80TB Qnap TS-831 in my home. I'm setting up a new studio so would like to move the TS-831 there and start using it as a live drive. Very light use, maybe 1-2 users.

My question is what's the best way to sync the two drives and cloud? I have unlimited storage from my google business account although I'm not sure you can set the storage location to a network drive rather than the HD. Projects are generally about 300GB to 2TB so will take a while to sync over the internet when they are first copied onto the primary drive.

Is there a way to make this work seamlessly (like google team drives does) so I can copy only either drive with no data loss / overlap risk?



No comments:

Post a Comment