Thursday, December 6, 2018

Question on patching for final project

Hello there

I'm currently in the final stretch of my final project and I have one element I still have to write up in my report. It's about what core/backbone switches would be a good replacement in a school network (aka, low budget).

I got a drawing of the patching of the network from my mentor. When I asked him if the lay-out will stay the same after the new equipment, he told me that I should look into alternatives and other possibilities of this patching. Now, currently they are using a GBIC Core switch and the new core switch will have SPF+. Is that what he means?

Or are there other options to patch a network or am I totally misunderstanding things here? Any advice, sources and things like that would be welcome. I have to finish this by next week...



No comments:

Post a Comment