Thursday, December 6, 2018

OSPF LSAs received but routes not installed in routing tables. OSPF debug show all prefixes unreachable

Setting up an OSPF peer between a new DC and an existing DC for migration. Both DCs in the same rack essentially. The topology is like this and the info the customer has given me so far.

(Area 0)---Cisco L3 switch----(Area 1)----Huawei USG

The Cisco L3 is the ABR and ASBR (it's redistributing static routes to area 1), OSPF comes up fine and I'm receiving Type 3 and Type 5 LSAs but the routes are not being installed in the routing table. When I run an OSPF debug every prefix says

Route 10.x.x.x/x - Route Source (AdvRtrID: 10.0.x.x, Type: INTER, AreaId: 1) is ignored due to unreachable

From what I can gather after digging around, this sort of error occurs because the ABR/ASBR is unreachable from Area 1 and there's some discrepancies in the LSAs when OSPF tries to build the topology.

When I look a the ABR/ASBR info on the USG it says to reach the ABR/ASBR with the next hop of the Cisco L3 switch, so it knows how to get there but I'm stumped what the issue could be.

During the test phase we did before all this work, we put the USG in Area 0 and all looked fine. So to me it sounds like there is something up with the OSPF config they have done.



No comments:

Post a Comment