Thursday, December 27, 2018

Interview questions for potential employer (feedback)

I’m in the process interviewing for a Lead position as an audiovisual/videoconference technician. I understand the content of what I’m asking but am a little shaky on more advanced networking stuff; I wanted to ask questions that show that I’m engaged with what’s happening on the backend (without overplaying my hand). Here is what I have so far. Can you tell me how this sounds and if I’m making sense here? Anything I should take away or additional questions you think would be good to add? Any terminology I’m using incorrectly or rewording? Thanks so much.

  1. Are your current video-on-demand and streaming services strictly cloud based or do you have on-prem deployment behind the firewall, or is it a hybrid? Is it the same for videoconferencing? Do you see this moving in one direction or the other?
  2. How many videoconference endpoints are currently deployed within the organization and are the all centrally managed? Are they cloud based or deployed behind the firewall?
  3. What is the kind of material that will be streamed (classes, executive addresses, training modules etc.) and who is the intended audience for this video material and will they be primarily inside or outside the company WAN and on what type of devices? Will it be viewed primarily in real-time or on-demand? What is the level of interaction?
  4. How many conference rooms and classrooms do you have onsite that will require A/V support? What kind of technology is deployed in these rooms?


No comments:

Post a Comment