Thursday, December 6, 2018

HPE Virtual Connect Manager 4.x

Hello. I work for a company that has some technical debt and is "upgrading" to already old technology, "Flex 10" with HPE Virtual Connect Manager.

I have physical Nexus switches connected to the Flex 10s. Both sides have and allow VLAN 999 on both sides. However, a VMware VM tries to ping its default gateway but can't even get as far as the Nexus switches.

VSphere Client shows the VLAN and that the VM is mapped to it, but I don't understand any of the layers of abstraction between the VMware hosts and the Flex 10s to troubleshoot and correct the configuration to allow the VM to reach the default gateway.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I downloaded the HPE virtual connect manuals but want to have a good idea of things work instead of skimming the ToC to see if I find something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment