Thursday, December 6, 2018

Cisco SG500X and apple router

I have a weird issue with one of my clients dropping connection every 20 minutes for about 15-30 seconds. They are connected to a Cisco layer 3 SG500X switch, and the router is an apple 100mb device instead of gigabit. I don't see any errors on the port, nor does it flap. I do have RSTP active for spanning tree (if that makes a difference).

They are using a public Static IP while connected to the switch. I manage the switch, and I do have things like smartport turned off but do have portfast turned on on all ports.

Any suggestions?

Edit: This switch only serves customer connections, and they all have netgear or apple routers connected. one or two have complained about this same issue, but not sure if it's widespread and no more are complaining or where to go with this.



No comments:

Post a Comment