Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Business Broadband

My company is working to transition certain workloads to “the cloud”. To start off with, I’m moving low criticality workloads, but I am having trouble figuring out the type of connection we need. For testing and extremely low criticality workloads, it seems overkill to have an optical connection for $1,200+ per month for 200mb at this point in time. All of the vendors I’ve talked to thus far only want to sell me a private and dedicated line, and no one seems to understand when I say “cheap business broadband” or a “shared broadband connection”. I’m basically wanting to have a cheap and fast connection, and I’m okay if it fluctuates as this is for testing purposes. For example, Id pay $400 a month for a 1gig shared connection, but it might fluctuate between 500mb and 1gig, and that’s okay. Can anyone give me a general idea of what kinds of questions to ask to get what I’m looking for?



No comments:

Post a Comment