Wednesday, November 7, 2018

WiFi AP/Router Suggestion?

Have a client with multiple WiFi users, 80% are for phones. The rest are PC & security cams.

It's small shop with bad cellular signal(old factory with thick walls), thus allowing the phones to connect. But they do often stream music via the phones.

I would like to control the bandwidth usage of the phones.

I looked at Google WiFi but it seems I can only setup a maximum of 4 hours priority for devices. Though I do like how I could turn off the internet via "Family Time" for them too.

Basically I want the laptops/tablets to have full bandwidth. The cameras are mostly turned off during the day.

Suggestions for an AP or Router for easy maintenance of added devices? I don't want to have to code a new MAC addresses everyday. Optimally to mesh the units as I don't have ethernet ports everywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment