Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Anyone seen this on a 2960X before?

I ordered a batch of 11 48 port POE 2960X's to upgrade our back end network.

They have been running great however the switch on the 6th floor randomly stopped allowing any traffic to go through the main trunk port.

I was able to ping to other switches from the switches command line but nothing connected to the switch would get to the network.

I swapped it out with another identical switch that I had setup as my hotswap and attempted to do a factory reset on the switch in question.

After running through the baseline setup this is the error I receive through the com port.

https://imgur.com/a/HKx3So2

I've already opened a ticket with Cisco and this is the only switch out of 11 that I have seen this message on. Is it possible that it's bad firmware? Also since doing a factory reset the switch is still having the identical issue as before. I can ping all other switches from the command line but I can not get any devices connected to the switch to get passed it.

Thanks again for everyone's help on these issues.



No comments:

Post a Comment