Wednesday, November 14, 2018

VG310 - upgrade automatic command

First time really messing with voice switches much and I am trying to upgrade the firmware on a VG310.

It doesn't use the "archive download-sw" syntax for firmware but instead runs with the "upgrade automatic". No problem it seems to more or less work similarly when using tftp with some enhancements...etc..etc

Heres what I dont' get... so I run the command, it goes to reload but when it comes back up I see that its still running the same IOS. I check the flash and I see the new image on there but I don't quite understand why its not using it.

I notice this in my config

boot-start-marker

boot system flash flash:vg3x0-universalk9-mz.SPA.155-3.M6.bin

boot-end-marker

I ended up changing that line to reflect the new IOS, reloaded and that worked.. but I'm kinda scratching my head why the "upgrade automatic" didn't do it?!?!

Is this not a "default" statement to have? Or is there something else I'm missing? The docs lead me to believe at the most a "upgrade automatic runversion" should put the new IOS in place, if "upgrade automatic getversion" didn't but that didn't work out either.



No comments:

Post a Comment