Thursday, November 29, 2018

Tomato router: multiple static IP devices w/ same IP address on the same router?

Diagram to explain my question: https://i.postimg.cc/GmTPXgSS/network-question-static-ports.jpg

I'm doing development on some embedded devices that are connected via ethernet. They all have the same static IP address (192.168.7.250). They also all run a DHCP server.

I have a router with a WAN port connected to corporate network (DHCP client). The router has four LAN ports, one of which I want to act as a DHCP server for a desktop network switch to service my laptop and other devices that need to ask for local IP addresses. I'd like to utilize the other three LAN ports so I can connect up to three of these embedded devices that I'm working on.

Since the embedded devices are configured for static IP address (and also have their own DHCP server!), how do I segregate the physical ports 1, 2 and 3 from each other, as well as from my laptop so I'm the laptop is using the router's DHCP server and not any of the ones on 1,2 and 3?

Additionally, how do I assign IP addresses to ports 1, 2, and 3 such that I can still ssh into each of the embedded devices individually from my laptop? I think I need each of the ports 1, 2, and 3 to be separate virtual LANs. But I'm not sure how I would be able to access these VLAN.

I'm using a router with Tomato firmware. Here's what one of the configuration pages look like:

https://i.postimg.cc/SxtSxDSq/network-multiple-statics.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment