Thursday, November 29, 2018

Huawei MA5800-X15 MPLA Active/Standby failure after config load

I have 2 Huawei MA5800-X15 OLTs with 2 H902MPLA boards each, one on my desk and one working in production. Initially, both boards of the OLT on my desk were running fine. One of the boards had ACT led ON and the RUN/ALM led was blinking green (0.5s) on both of the boards, as it should be when things are running correctly.

I've exported the config from the production OLT via tftp running:

backup configuration tftp 192.168.1.11 backup.cfg 

After that I've loaded and applied this configuration into the OLT on my desk using:

load configuration tftp 192.168.1.11 backup.cfg all active configuration system 

After that, OLT on my desk has rebooted successfully and loaded new configuration. Then I run "save" command to save config and data.

Then I decided to reboot the active board (board1) with:

reboot active 

During the reboot of board1 the ACT led on board2 has switched ON (green) and the RUN/ALM led on board1 started blinking red every 0.25 sec, which is normal during reboot. Unfortunately the board2's RUN/ALM led never became green again and ACT led has never blinked again. I left everything for a couple of days and nothing changed. Complete OLT reboot did not help.

I know that none of the boards are faulty because when I reboot the board2 then board1 comes online and board2 stays with RUN/ALM blinking led in red. Seems like they are working separately and cannot get synchronized. When one board reboots, the other loads up and becomes active, but the recently rebooted board just hangs in the middle of the loading process.

I've connected two console cables, one to each board, and I can see that the board with the red light just stops at the same point every time.

The active board on OLT has an alarm which says:

The communication between the board and the control board fails

Here is the console output from both boards:

https://imgur.com/a/8x3atmL

The board with RUN/ALM red light always stops after

Starting system application init......successfully!

After this line it should start loading config, but it does not until the active board goes for reboot!

I've tried to do a factory reset on both boards with:

erase flash data reboot system 

But it did not work out. Both boards have a default configuration now, but keep doing the same thing again and again. Looks like the boards can't sync the configuration between them. Or both want to become Active and only one loads up.

I tried to google about this situation, but i did not find a single word about it. Seems like some unique situation. Did anyone have similar problems with Huawei OLT?



No comments:

Post a Comment