Friday, November 9, 2018

Recommendations on what modem to pair with the Netgear XR500 nighthawk

This might be a slightly lengthy post but I would really appreciate the help and hope you guys can bare with me. Let’s start from the beginning. Ever since I could remember I loved gaming and ever since I could remember I’ve had terribly unreliable internet. So a couple months ago I bought the netgear AC1600 and its a modem router combo and i’m aware how it’s recommend not to go with combos but I figured it’d be better than the xfinity combo they gave us. So I set it up and it worked okay for the first month or so then my connection got extremely unreliable again. I want to state the speed i’m getting from the router isn’t really the problem, it’s the connection and reliability. I’m constantly getting kicked off and my router/modem seems to just have inconsistent hiccups with constantly kicking me off while i’m in games.(I also want to note i’m currently living in an apartment building. A small one at that so I don’t know how much it’ll affect my internet) So i’m just gonna pull the trigger on what looks to be one of the more reliable routers. I have a 150mbps package from xfinity which is pretty basic. And i’d like recommendations on what modem I should get to pair with the nighthawk, any insight on my problem or recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment