Friday, November 9, 2018

RDP on VPN Network Issue. Please Help. Cisco ASA

Hey Guys,

So I am coming to you because I am a bit stuck as to what to look for. I am having a problem with a few users. I don't know if this is just going to be an environment issue or maybe I am missing a config somewhere but just to give you the rundown of what is going on here it is:

I have a group of about 10 remote users who work out of a WeWork office in Los Angeles. These users have desktops that are connected to our network via their AnyConnect clients. The desktops can reach all network resources just fine this is not an issue. The problem is sometimes these users will work from home and they are trying to RDP into these systems. So from home they VPN into the network and then they are trying to RDP into another machine that is connected to the network via VPN as well.

The issue is that it won't RDP, and I can't even ping any machine on the VPN subnet. So I am not sure as to what to check here. We are running a Cisco ASA5520 which is connected to our Core Stack of 3850xs. Like I said from a machine connected on the VPN I can access ALL network servers/printers/AWS and all other subnets but I can't reach anything on the VPN subnet that I am on. This is kind of baffling me... because shouldn't I be able to talk to anything on the same VLAN without any issues?

If you have any ideas where I can start troubleshooting or what I should be looking at please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment