Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Multiple Internet Connections for Small Offices

What are folks doing these days for managing multiple internet connections per location for branch offices? On the high end, I have multiple internet connections with BGP and ARIN-assigned blocks. I've got a couple offices coming online with BGP and /28s SWIPped to us. And then I've got a bunch of small offices we're upgrading to two connections, where budget prohibits me from finding DIA/MIA with BGP peering. I'm currently using IOS IP SLA tracking to fail over from one connection to another, but selection of IPs to track is problematic. The simple fact that tracking a single IP in provider space or on the internet doesn't isn't a reliable way to tell if a circuit or provider is down is really bugging me too. A previous gig used Packetshapers to do slightly more complex Internet gateway selection. So tell me what other options are out there for this space. Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment