Thursday, October 4, 2018

Why does Cisco AnyConnect create duplicate routes of other VPN clients?

I connect to a Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN using split tunnel, and see this via the Windows the "route print" command:

​

10.10.0.0 255.255.0.0 On-link 10.20.206.201 1

10.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 On-link 10.20.206.201 1

​

Perfect. Those are the two split tunnel routes and 10.20.206.201 is the tunnel interface on the Palo Alto.

​

Then I connect to a Cisco AnyConnect VPN using split tunnel, sending a 10.0.0.0/8 route. Now I see this:

​

10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.8.192.1 10.8.192.30 2

10.10.0.0 255.255.0.0 On-link 10.20.206.201 1

10.10.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.8.192.1 10.8.192.30 2

10.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 On-link 10.20.206.201 1

10.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.8.192.1 10.8.192.30 2

​

What the heck is up with the 3rd and 5th routes? 10.10.0.0/16 and 10.20.0.0/16 are NOT in the AnyConnect split tunnel. I realize it's not being followed since the metric (2) is higher, but why did it get created in the first place?

​

I'm on Windows 10. GlobalProtect 4.1.5, AnyConnect 4.6.03049



No comments:

Post a Comment